Saturday, August 23, 2008

Text? What Text?


For the better part of Friday night, my eyeballs were glued to that green flashing light on my Blackberry waiting for it to turn red. I had to shoot a picture of the text message from the Obama campaign that would reveal his choice for VP. The green turned to red throughout the evening. All sorts of messages were coming in. I got Obama’s traveling press schedule, the daily barrage of Gov. Schwarzenegger emails, a reminder from my boss, etc… When was this Vice President announcement going to come through? What if I don’t get it?

At 10:00 pm, I looked at MSNBC and that red “breaking news” banner emblazoned the top of the page “AP confirms that Obama has picked Biden.” I picked up my Blackberry – still flashing green. Interesting.

I awoke at 6:30am and once again checked the Blackberry. Still flashing green. No text. Not even an email. I’m not loved.

In the end, the text never came and I had to have it forwarded to me to take a picture of it. I bet McCain got the text. Wait, does he know how to use a phone?

No comments: