Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dell's Latitude


When I got hired at my current job, I had to switch from my Mac laptop to a company issued PC. It was a semi-difficult transition not because I had never used a Windows based machine, I just liked my Mac. Over time, I grew fond of my Dell. Since starting the job in 2003, I have had 3 or 4 different models. The current one, the Latitude D420, is nice. It's light and small, perfect for a photographer on the go. Not as hip as a Mac, but just right for the day to day. 

Today, I shot a Dell event where the company announced a new line of their popular Latitude laptops. One of the laptops in the line-up caught my eye. The successor to the D420 called the Latitude E4200. This looks like a great little laptop.  The compact 12.1 inch laptop, which is due out in a few weeks, will come in an array of colors and weighs in at a pleasantly light 2.2 pounds. My back liked the sound of that. Other cool features are a 16 hour battery and enhanced security options including a fingerprint scanner and remote data delete in the event that your laptop is stolen or lost. 

I wish that I had played with it more, but from what I saw of it I liked it. Looks like a good option for someone like me or anyone that travels a lot. For more about the E4200 and the new line of Dell laptops click here.  

No comments: